What personal information we collect when users interact with our site and services:
- We collect your name and email address, which are required to use the Service.
- We may collect other information provided when you choose to use certain optional tools on the Service. This information is voluntary and includes:
- On the user profile: location, third party URLs, social media account URLs, personal biography, work sample descriptions, and media
- On event pages: location, date, time, description, third party URLs, your user profile, and media.
- On project pages: project title, date information, location, project description, your user profile, work sample descriptions, budget description, and media.
- If you choose to use Facebook to log into the Service we collect the minimum data required to access the Facebook API, which include your email address (you may read how Facebook uses your data here).
- If you choose to use Facebook to import events into the Service, we require access to your Facebook events, but we will only collect data on events that you manually import.
How we use personal information: We use your personal information as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve the Service.
- To customize your experience on the Service.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To communicate about upcoming events and other news.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
How we share personal information: We may share personal information as follows:
- When you publish certain Content on the Service, we may share this information on social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- With your consent.
- For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to others’ privacy policies.
- For example, when you submit a piece of Content to the Service (e.g. project, event, etc), you are opting into the Content potentially being shared with funders and donors; on social media; in email newsletters; through RSS feed that is readable via third party platforms; and in other ways similar to the above sharing mechanisms.
- When we do a partnership deal, or negotiate a partnership deal, involving the transfer of all or a part of our organization or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- For legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- To comply with laws. We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal process.
- To protect the rights and property of Equal Sound, Inc, our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and terms of service.
- In an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- With those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Transfer and storage of personal information: When you use the Service, your personal information is transferred from your location to servers under our control and provided by Go Daddy in the United States where it is then stored.
How long we store data: We store your data in perpetuity or until we receive a request to remove your data from the Service.
User’s rights to data: Your rights to your data include objecting to collection of your data, requesting a copy of your data, requesting a correction to your data, and requesting the erasure of your data. If you choose to object to collection of your data, you may not use the Service. You may exercise your rights to your data by sending a request to email@example.com.
- We use Google Analytics to process cookies to determine Service performance issues and improvements (you may read how Google uses your cookies and other data here).
- If you leave a comment on the Service you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to the Service, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- You can typically remove and reject cookies from the Service with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how the service works for you.
Marketing emails and transactional emails: We use MailChimp to send marketing emails. Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts. We use Mandrill to send non-marketing emails (you may read how MailChimp and Mandrill use your data here).
Security of your personal information: We take steps to help protect personal information. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. Mistakes may happen. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards. We will notify all users of a data breach on the Service within 72 hours of discovering a breach.